This chicken is the go-to Sunday meal prep recipe. It’s easy to make this in large quantities and extremely versatile. Annnd versatility is the key to minimizing meal fatigue throughout the week. With this simple protein, you can make rice plates, vermicelli bowl, and spring rolls.
- 2 pound (~1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 stalks lemongrass, whites only, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional, for color)
- In a mortar, pound lemongrass and garlic until rough paste is formed.
- In container or mixing bowl, combine chicken, paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, oil, and optionally turmeric. Mix well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Grill on medium heat, 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Garnish with fried garlic, scallions, and serve with rice and vegetables. Enjoy!